Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter's Reminder of the Comfort Jesus Provides



Here are some thoughts about Easter I wrote in my journal:

Today is Easter Sunday, and as such, I’d like to talk my Savior. I’m am eternally indebted and grateful for His atoning sacrifice. I know that He died for me and loves me. I listened to Elder Jeffrey R. Holland’s recent talk about Jesus Christ and his complete (and then some!) understanding of us because of His infinite atonement. He felt lonely and pain such that we’ll never feel. He went through so much in his short 34 years that we will NEVER have to experience. And he did it all so that we might live. He did it all for the glory of others, not for himself. It’s amazing and unfathomable to me that He gave his life for everyone around Him, save himself. “Glory be to God,” he said. He was the most selfless person that walked the earth and He invites us to partake of His atonement, to utilize that power in our lives so that we can be comforted, so that we can hope. I know that my Redeemer lives. He loves me as an individual. I thank my God for that sacrifice of His son. I know that allowing His ONLY BEGOTTEN SON to die feeling utterly alone was difficult, but He allowed it to happen because God loves us. He saw the bigger picture. He knew what the outcome would be. Thank you, Heavenly Father, for thy love, for thy care, for this atonement that provides me with hope, strength, and the gift of eternal life. I am trying my best to live up to the gift I’ve been given.

No comments: