Saturday, July 25, 2009

Peace through Christ's Atonement

Here are some thoughts as I read Mosiah 28:
*Verses 1-2: They wanted to teach others about Christ, because they loved the gospel, they loved the people, and they wanted to have peace. They knew that the gospel of Jesus Christ brings peace to those who abide by its principles. Am I living in a peaceful manner with those I come in contact with? Am I living the gospel of Jesus Christ in such a way that those around me (most especially family members) can tell that I love the Lord and want to serve Him?

*Verse 4: “They were the very vilest of sinners.” This verse truly shows the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It reflects His mercy, justice, and love. Because of the atonement of Jesus Christ, even the very vilest of sinners has the opportunity to repent and change. Even the very vilest of sinners has HOPE in the gospel of Jesus Christ. This also shows me that I, too, can change. I have the opportunity to overcome my struggles and mistakes. Through the atonement of Jesus Christ, I am able to repent and improve myself. I am able to overcome the natural man and put away my selfish desires to serve those around me. I know that I am happier when I serve others and when I am doing what Heavenly Father has asked me to do.

*Verse 6: Mosiah consults the Lord for an answer. We have that priviledge as well. We need to make sure that we use it in faith, knowing that Heavenly Father will guide us according to His will.

*Verse 18: The people of Mosiah were very desirous to have the knowledge that the scriptures provide. The rejoiced in that knowledge. Why? It could be so that they could learn from the mistakes of others in order to keep from repeating those mistakes. I need to continue to learn from the scriptures. I, too, rejoice in knowledge and learning. I know that as I learn and act on what I know, I become a better person.

WAYS I CAN IMPROVE:
*I know that I can be living in a more peaceful manner with my family members. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I can gain strength to overcome my inadequacies. It takes faith and prayer to do so, as well as listening when the spirit directs me. I need to have a prayer in my heart and stay consistent at scripture reading to show Heavenly Father that HE is the number on priority in my life. I want to abide by His will and treat others in a manner that He would want them to be treated.

No comments: