Friday, July 24, 2009

Positive News of the Gospel

Here are some thoughts as I read Mosiah 27:
*Heavenly Father answers prayers, sometimes in diverse ways (as in this case where an angel came), but He answers our prayers through our faith.
*Verses 24-28: We are so blessed to have a knowledge of the gospel! Heavenly Father has also seen fit to snatch us out of an everlasting burning to provide us with peace and comfort. Because we have been given this knowledge, it is our responsibility to help others and to pass that knowledge onto them. I am so grateful for this knowledge and for the opportunity that I have to overcome the mistakes of the past to renew myself and be better. I’m thankful for the atonement of Jesus Christ which allows me the opportunity to repent and change my behavior little by little, until I am a better, more selfless person.
*Verses 32-33: No sooner does Alma gain a testimony of the gospel, but he begins to share the great joy of the gospel with others. What a great example he is unto us in this regard! He felt the love of the gospel so deep in his heart that he couldn’t help but share it with others. Even though he was smitten and persecuted for his beliefs, he continued on sharing and helped others to strengthen their faith.
*Verses 36-37: We, too, can be instruments in the Lord’s hands in helping others. Whether it’s at church, or with someone in the line in the grocery store, we can bless the lives of others through our own positive energy and happiness.

WAYS I CAN IMPROVE:
I want to strive to be positive and happy with all those around me. Trials happen, people are rude… but I can choose how I react to those things. I don’t have to let negative energy take over when frustrations arise. I can stay positive, I can help others, I can be a good example to those around me. I want to keep peace in my life and help others to feel that same peace in their lives. I can search and listen for ways to bless others through Heavenly Father’s spirit.

No comments: