Monday, May 4, 2009

Be the Change You Wish to See in the World

Here are some thoughts as I read in 1 Nephi 20:
*Verse 10- “For behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.” We are chosen in our hard times. This scripture shows that it’s during our trials that our true colors stand out. It is through our trials that we are tested and strengthened or we are tested and do not withstand the tests given unto us. I want to be the former. I want to be tested and proved true in the midst of my trials. I do not want to be like those of Nephi’s family who complained against him. Oh, how hard it must have been to be in their position and not know how it all was going to work out. I know that Heavenly Father provides a way for us to make it through our trials. He is there the entire time buoying us up and allowing US to choose the high road or the low road. He wants us to improve because of our trials, not digress in spite of them. I must remember that as I go through hard times.

WAYS I CAN IMPROVE:
*Look for the roses amongst the thorns. See the positive. Come out on top of my trials rather than underneath them. Grow through the experiences I’m having rather than allowing myself to get downtrodden.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should re-title the "Ways I can Improve" section to "Ways Taylor can Improve." Thanks for the encouragement you give. I always look forward to your comments.