Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Taking A Stand

Here are some thoughts as I read in 1 Nephi 21:
*It’s amazing to me what the Lord has done for me and continues to do for me. I am so grateful that I KNOW that He has not forsaken me and will not forget me. He wants me to be with Him. I thank Heavenly Father for that knowledge that I have. I know that it won’t be easy. As verse 23 says, “For they shall not be ashamed that wait for me,” indicating that people will try to make me feel ashamed. The world wants me to feel ashamed for believing in and following Christ. But, I know that I’m doing what is right, even if it is hard. I know that if I’m humble and obedient to God’s commands, that I’ll be blessed of Him. The world doesn’t matter. No one else’s opinion matters. Only that I know that I’m striving to be righteous and return to live with Heavenly Father in His kingdom.

WAYS I CAN IMPROVE:
*Be kinder to those around me. Truly pray for patience to see others as Jesus sees them. Additionally, I can be more grateful for the knowledge I have. I can be proud that I am a member of Christ’s church. I can stick up for my beliefs and feelings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that the "pray for patience to see others as Jesus sees them" is one of the most important things we can do. Unfortunately, it is also one of the hardest to actually accomplish (to see them that way). If we did, our lives would certainly be different. I know that we'd be happier and so would they. It's funny how we hold so firmly to the things that keep us from happiness and fulfillment.