Thursday, May 7, 2009

Gratitude through Action

Here are some thoughts as I read 2 Nephi 1:
*It’s always amazing to me how much the Lord has blatantly blessed the family of Lehi… MANY miracles have occurred to get them to the promised land, including the visitation of angels, the liahona’s appearance and guidance through the forest and across the sea, the instruction and building of the ship for those who had never built a ship before, and the fact that they actually made it SAFELY to the promised land! They have been blessed with so much, but how quick some of them (namely, Laman and Lemuel) are to forget all of the blessings that they’ve been given. How quickly they are to turn against their own family members and against the God who clearly loves them and desires their happiness.
*Am I like Laman and Lemuel? Do I quickly forget all that the Lord has done for me? Do I also turn against family members who have been there for me along the journey and have blessed my life?

*I know that I live a blessed life. I have been given much and have never truly wanted for anything. I need to remember what I’ve been given and express gratitude to Heavenly Father for my multitude of blessings. He has given me much. He has blessed me with His spirit. Through my actions and adhering to God’s commands, I can prove my gratitude.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wonder about Laman and Lemuel, and how similar I am to them. I complain when the Bishop asks me to attend another meeting, or when I am asked to do something I don't want to do...and these are mostly easy things, not crossing oceans or settling new locales. I pray that I don't forget how much like them I am...