Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Rejoice, O my Heart

Here are some thoughts as I read 2 Nephi 4:
*Nephi says that his soul delights in the scriptures and ponders them. They are for our profit and learning.

*Verse 20- Heavenly Father was Nephi’s support in his afflictions and He will be our support too. Heavenly Father blessed Nephi, guided him, and removed his enemies from him. God blessed Nephi for his diligence, even if Nephi wasn’t perfect. Heavenly Father will bless us as well. He will be there to guide and comfort us ONLY as we are striving to live worthy of those blessings. He will do so ONLY as we are keeping His commandments and do our best to draw near unto Him.

*Verses 26-27- If I have felt the Spirit, why should I succumb to sin? I don’t have to “give way to temptations.” As Nephi said, “Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul” (2 Nephi 4:28).

*Heavenly Father wants us to use the power of the infinite atonement in our lives. If we are staying strong in keeping the commandments and improving our relationship with Heavenly Father, He will make way for the Spirit in our hearts. He will allow the Spirit to work within us and to remove our desire to sin. We will still be tempted, but we won’t succumb as easily if we’re truly striving to have Heavenly Father with us always.

*In prayer, Nephi clearly expresses his faith and trust in God. He asks for Heavenly Father’s help in overcoming temptation and for guidance to resolve the problems he is currently facing.

*WAYS I CAN IMPROVE:
I can make Heavenly Father a priority in my life. I need to put my trust in Heavenly Father and not in man. I know that He will guide and direct me if I am striving to keep the commandments and to make Him a part of my life. The only person whose actions I can determine are my own. Pray to Heavenly Father and get to know my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ better. By better understanding His life and atonement better, I can draw closer to Him and be able to become more like Him.

No comments: