Thursday, October 1, 2009

Prayer, Faith, & Consistency

Here are some thoughts as I read Alma (end of) 62-63:

  • Verses 49-51: In spite of their prosperity, the people remembered Heavenly Father and continually called upon His name. Because of their humility, the Lord blessed them according to His word. He will do the same for us if we are living worthy of His blessings. He won’t always bless us in the way we want Him to, but He will bless us according to our covenants and our needs.
  • Verse 12- Interesting that the records went forth throughout the land (except for the sacred parts)… the scriptures were used even then to teach and edify people.


WAYS I CAN IMPROVE:

  • I need to pray unto God continually. Additionally, I need to be better about studying these scriptures with which we are so blessed to have! I am so blessed in my life, but I hinder my own progression by not waking up earlier to study and pray. I am exhausted from not sleeping very well, but I know that Heavenly Father will endow me with His spirit and power if I am seeking Him and His guidance. I want Him in my life. I’m striving to have the spirit, but I know that I can do better by waking up a little earlier to study, ponder, and pray.

No comments: